Saturday 21 January 2012

Writing News

Since the New Year, I've been doing a rewrite of Save The Last Dance For Me, to make it shorter, tighter and, hopefully, better. Already I've cut three chapters that I didn't feel were contributing much to the plot. Any sections that I felt were necessary, I've included as flashbacks in another chapter. Already it seems to be working better with a smooth transition between chapters. I have rejoined the New Writers' Scheme of the Romantic Novelists Association and will resubmit the typescript for a further opinion.

A lengthy letter based on some family history research I have done has appeared in the February issue of Family History Monthly. I haven't seen it myself yet, but someone has told me it's there. Hopefully, the same magazine will be printing a short article of mine this summer based on my experience of working in a cotton mill. Now I just have to write the article ...

No comments:

Post a Comment