Tuesday 21 August 2012

RNA Birmingham Chapter Meeting

Last Saturday, I travelled to Birmingham to meet up with the Birmingham Chapter Meeting of the Romantic Novelists' Association. It's the first time I've been for over a year and I really enjoyed it. With ten of us, it was difficult to join in the conversation at the other end of the table but somehow we managed between us. The lunch wasn't without incident as I knocked my milk jug all over my tray and had to mop up what I could with napkins. Fortunately, my sandwiches were well wrapped and didn't suffer any damage. Then someone else knocked over a bottle (non alcoholic!) which soaked the trousers of our co-ordinator. More napkins needed to soak up the contents of the bottle.

I haven't been doing any writing for the past month or so having a lingering virus, plus I've been compiling a porfolio of the work I've been doing over the summer for a short course on 'Historic Landscapes' . Thankfully, that's now almost complete and hopefully I can get back to some productive writing. I'll hopefully have something more to add next time I post.

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed Saturday too, Anne. It was good to see you again and it was interesting to hear about the RNA conference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! That someone was me, with the wet trousers! Fortunately it did dry off nicely before we left. Lunch was lovely, nevertheless. So nice to see our two new members too, as well as you! Hope you are continuing to recover.
    Mxx

    ReplyDelete