Monday 18 June 2012

Good critique

After a period of only about three weeks, I have received my critique of my novel, Save The Last Dance For Me, from the New Writers' Scheme of the Romantic Novelists' Association and it's left me all fired up with hope and enthusiasm! The reader, who remains anonymous for obvious reasons, has given me an encouraging and complimentary report, all five pages of it. Understandably, I was thrilled by this. Of course, there's a drawback. She has suggested changing the plot as my original was 'cliched.' To follow her suggestions would throw my carefully planned timings out. So, as they say in Lancashire, 'I'm going to give it a coat of looking at.' Still, there's light at the end of this particular tunnel.

I read in a magazine this weekend that there is a new musical out based on songs from the early 1960s. Guess what it's going to be called! Yup! Save The Last Dance For Me. Not sure if this is a good or a bad thing ....

No comments:

Post a Comment