Friday 18 February 2011

The Write Spot

If you're a 'senior' like me,  the poem, 'When I am an Old Woman' is brilliant. It's about wearing purple with a red hat, if you want to, when you are old. The poem was written by Englishwoman Jenny Joseph in 1961 and popularised in the United States by Elizabeth Lucas in the 1980s. For a shortened version of the poem, see Wearing purple.

When I took early retirement, I vowed to take my interest in writing more seriously. And with great good fortune, that is what I have been able to do. Like all writers, my ultimate aim is to get my novel (about which more another time) published but the world of publishing so far remains unconvinced.

Confession time now. This is the first time I have blogged so hope I've done it right!

No comments:

Post a Comment